Z-Wave Smart Thermostat
Simplify your life – enjoy the benefits of seamless integration with home security controls and home automation gateways.
The TBZ500 is a smart Z-Wave® thermostat that pairs with major security panels, remote management applications and smart hubs within a Z-Wave® ecosystem. The TBZ500 thermostat is easy to install and can replace any existing wired or battery powered thermostat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is included in the thermostat package?
The Z-Wave Smart Thermostat package includes:
- 1 x TBZ-500 Thermostat
- 1 x Wall Mount Plate
- 2 x Mounting Screws (#6 x 3/4)
- 2 x Screw Anchor
- 1 x Z-Wave Smart Start Label (DSK code)
- 4 x AA batteries
- 1 x Installation Manual
Is my HVAC system compatible?
Please try the compatibility checker to identify compatibility entering old thermostat wiring.
- Standard Gas/Electric HVAC Systems: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Heat Pump HVAC Systems: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling.
What batteries does the thermostat use?
The thermostat uses Four (4) AA batteries.
What protocol does the thermostat support?
The thermostat is a Z-Wave Plus compliant device that can participate in any standard Z-Wave Plus network.
Is my Z-Wave security panel or gateway compatible?
TBZ-500 is certified Z-Wave Plus with S2 Security. It works with any Z-Wave certified panel. It has been tested with Honeywell Lynx Touch 5200/7000/Vista20p + VAM/Vista 128BPT + Tuxedo Touch, Qolsys IQ/IQ2, 2GIG GC2/GC3/GC2e/GC3e, Interlogix Simon XT/XTi5 and Samsung SmartThings Hub.
What is the ordering part number?
- Z-Wave Plus® Certified, S2 Security
- FW update via Z-Wave® OTA
- Standard gas/electric HVAC Systems: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Heat Pump HVAC Systems: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Fan system: Selectable for gas or electric heat systems
- Heat Pump Change Over Valve (reversing valve): Selectable for change over with heat or change over with cool (O or B output)
- Emergency Heat: In Heat Pump Mode, Emergency Heat Mode is selectable from the thermostat
- Compressor short cycle protection delay of 5 minutes (adjustable)
- Backlit fixed 128 segment B/W LCD with 7-character message bar
- USA: FCC Compliant to CFR47, Part 15B
- Canada: Industry Canada RSS 210, Issue 8